About Whistleblowing Programme
The Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (FMFBNP) whistleblowing programme is designed to encourage anyone with information about a violation of financial regulations, mismanagement of public funds and assets, financial malpractice, fraud and theft to report it.
The Federal Government of Nigeria, FMFBNP -Whistle
The Federal Government of Nigeria, FMFBNP-Whistle is a secured, online portal through which information bordering on violation of financial regulations, mismanagement of public funds and assets, financial malpractice or fraud and theft that is deemed to be in the interest of the public can be disclosed. The online portal also permits the person disclosing the information to perform a status check on matters that have been reported on the whistleblowing online portal.
Be a Whistleblower
A whistleblower is a person who voluntarily discloses to the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning, a possible misconduct or violation that has occurred, is ongoing, or is about to occur with specific concerns which are in the public interest.
Type of information that can be submitted
- Violation of Government’s financial regulations e.g. failure to comply with the Financial Regulations Act, Public Procurement Act and other extant laws.
- Mismanagement or misappropriation of public funds and assets (e.g. properties and vehicles).
- Information on stolen public funds.
- Information on concealed public funds.
- Financial malpractice or fraud.
- Collecting / soliciting bribes.
- Diversion of revenues.
- Underreporting of revenues.
- Conversion of funds for personal use.
- Fraudulent and unapproved payments.
- Splitting of contracts.
- Procurement fraud (kickbacks and over-invoicing etc.)
- Violation of public procurement procedures.